dimanche 8 février 2009

Brian Eno - Music for Prague (2001)




This music was conceived for a 1998 installation of Brian Eno, collaborting with Jiri Prihoda in Prague. The CD was donated to an auction in aid of South London Arts in January 2001 and raised £ 400. 

As Thursday Afternoon, Music for Prague is a long ambient track, where piano notes and melodic lines evolve very slowly. It is another perfect realization of Eno's concept of generative music, where different tracks are blended together in a randomly way, and one should listen to the installation at least 10.000 years to hear the entire possibilities of a single piece. 

Quiet music for our hectic times, Music for Prague is the perfect soundtrack for a winter evening... To be played and listened to in infinite repeat mode !

link: mp3
password: olduvai

9 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

dynamite post.. didn't know the whole generative music bit, just like the sonorous sonics of his palette.. many thanks, ab

Anonyme a dit…

Merci beaucoup - je n'ai pas eu consicence de cet morceau. This and the piece for the Russian Museam are lesser-known wonders of Eno.

Anonyme a dit…

Thank You, Thank You & Thank You!

icastico a dit…

A great recording.
As promised, I can point you to a complete album of my own ambient music. I will be posting out-of-print recordings from my musical career on my new blog. I have you linked, feel free to link to me...

Thanks again,
Neu Mejican

art58koen a dit…

Thanks again, hadn't heard this one before!

Audentity a dit…

Thank for posting an unknown (to me) Eno album. Not as comforting as Thursday Afternoon but interesting nonetheless.

Polychromos a dit…

you have a very fine blog with an assortment of really special music - thank you for your work. And for the pressentation of Eno, too.


may you have a sunny day. Polychromos

Audentity a dit…

Thanks for the rare Eno.

®€x¥ a dit…

I came here from the Brian Eno's twitting. I just subscribed.